Unique Job Opportunity: ERA Chair Position at Masaryk University
RECETOX is the leading research institute of Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, recently awarded as the European Centre of Excellence in Environmental Health Sciences under Horizon 2020. RECETOX invites international researchers to apply for
the EUROPEAN RESEARCH AREA (ERA) CHAIR position
in the fields of Environmental Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Bioinformatics
RECETOX seeks a senior scientist capable of leading an interdisciplinary team of researchers to work in any fields related to environmental and social epidemiology; population modelling & public health and/or bioinformatics & biostatistics.
The selected individual will be bestowed as the Masaryk University ERA Chair. The ERA Chair will be supported by the R-Exposome project, funded from the prestigious Horizon 2020 (ERA Chair) programme (Project nr. 857487). The ERA Chair is to establish a world-class team to conduct pioneering research which investigates environmental exposures and their health outcomes.
Priority will be given to those who focus on integrated, cross-disciplinary approaches e.g. multi-omics; population biomonitoring & predictive bio-assessment; public health toxicology etc.
The ERA Chair will receive and benefit from:
- A tenure-track academic position in RECETOX
- Position as an independent group leader
- An internationally competitive salary
- Health insurance and social benefits
- A generous start-up package (financial and non-financial support) for establishing his/her research team
- Significant funds for operational costs
- Access to state-of-the-art RECETOX research infrastructure, including available data
- Full support of the administrative and project offices
- Stimulating and diverse work environment
- Safe and family-friendly living environment of the historical university town
- A substantial re-location package, including support of the Expat office
The candidate for the ERA Chair position is expected to:
- Have expertise in the fields of Environmental Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Bioinformatics
- Have a desire to understand the effects of multiple exposures on health
- Demonstrate a creative approach towards interdisciplinary research
- Show the potential to collaborate internationally
- Have teaching and supervisory experience
- Demonstrate good communication and presentation skills to broad audiences
- Have a proven record of research funding and team management
- Show critical judgment in the strategic planning and implementation of research agenda
- Have a proven track record of high-impact publications.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with a special focus on high-impact publications, research funding management and soft skills,
- a statement of research interest,
- three professional references and
- motivation letter.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to RCX-HR@recetox.muni.cz or alternatively mailed to: ERA Chair, RECETOX, Faculty of Sciences; Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic.
Applications should be submitted by 15.12.2019.
Review of applications will commence immediately after the mentioned deadline. Short-listed candidates (3-5) complying with the requirements will be invited for an interview and public presentation within one month of the application deadline. Expected start date of working in-situ is mid 2020.
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement. Remuneration of ERA Chair is co-financed from EU funds (ERA Chairs) and the profile of the chosen candidate is subject to the European Commission’s approval.