A career at RECETOX
Receiving the HR Excellence in Research Award is a testament to our commitment to best practices in the development of a sustainable, international, prestigious and transparent working environment, open to researchers and scientists from around the globe.
At RECETOX, you can build your career in academic, research, technical and administrative positions, all of which offer their career and personal development paths.
28% of our staff and graduate students are international, coming from over twenty-five countries around the world. Furthermore, most of our researchers spend at least part of their careers at universities and research institutions abroad.
During the past 10 years, we have participated in more than 20 EU funded projects and dozens of other international projects supported by the World Health Organization and the UN.
Students and researchers from RECETOX regularly partake in international research projects, and complete internship and research visits at recognized universities and research institutes in Europe, US and other parts of the globe (e.g., University College London, ETH Zurich, Stanford University, University of Toronto, Baylor University, University of Saskatchewan).
We are an independent department of the Masaryk university faculty of science, based in the Bohunice campus. Masaryk is the second largest university in the Czech Republic and the largest employers in the region. It consists of nine faculties and numerous research centers. The campus, which was completed in 2010, offers modern facilities, excellent equipment, and a creative environment - ideal for personal and career development.
BRNO – a university town
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region. Situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture.
Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities
Research infrastructure (RI)
We combine state-of-the-art equipment, expertise and skills to deliver world-class research. The Center operates more than 50 modern laboratories, develops and manages an open information system that provides information on spatial and temporal trends of chemical concentrations in various environmental compartments and implements long-term cohort studies.
Employee support services
A variety of services are available to both new and established employees and students.
- Welcome office – assists newcomers with relocation
- Grant office – provides professional pre-and post-award grant support
- Operations department – guarantees the smooth functioning of the center, including the purchase of consumables, materials, and equipment
- Human Resources department – provides a wide range of services, which ensure the creation of an ideal environment for career development.
Career development at RECETOX
We create opportunities for professional and personal development at all career stages.
- PhD positions – four years of financial support is provided to early-stage researchers and young scientists.
- Postdoctoral fellowship positions
- for junior researchers with financial support under the supervision of the senior group leader
- senior scientists are provided with the capacities and facilities of the center and have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced colleagues
- Academic positions (tenure-track) – is offered to talented scientists starting from assistant-professor (senior lecturer) to professor.
- Research positions – offer long-term employment as part of our research teams, academic staff, and.group leaders, working on research projects, and developing their professional expertise.
- Specialized, IT, laboratory and technical positions – support the research and development activities including the realization of projects and studies within specific research groups or core facilities
- Administrative positions – provide support in the areas of operations, administration, HR, public procurements, grant office, study office, etc.